Posted on | February 12, 2017 | Comments Off on Winter Storm Warning
NOAA Weather has issued a Winter Storm Warning for our Watershed starting at 2:00 PM today until 4:00 AM Monday. Then things get fun with a Blizzard Watch until 9:00 PM Monday. We’re expecting lots of snow and wind.
It might be a good idea to check (or have someone check) on camp roofs as some of this snow has the potential to be heavy and wet.
So stay safe during the storm and we’ll have a Warden’s Report from Dale following the storm.
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM THIS
AFTERNOON TO 4 AM EST MONDAY... ...BLIZZARD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...
* HAZARD TYPES…Heavy snow, strong winds, and blowing snow.
* Accumulations…Snow Accumulations of 18 to 26 inches
* TIMING… Snow will begin this afternoon and become heavy at
times overnight and Monday. Winds will increase and become
strong late Sunday night and Monday and allow for blowing and
drifting along with very low visibilities.
* IMPACTS…Treacherous travel, low visibilities, and the
potential for power outages. Blizzard conditions will be
possible late Sunday night and Monday. The snow may be heavy
and wet for a time Sunday afternoon and night along the coast
which could lead to power outages.
* Winds…North 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Temperatures…In the 20s.
* Visibilities…one quarter mile or less at times.